CMASS Juniors will hold tryouts for our 2021-2022 Edge and Evolve team programs starting in November 2021
Our In-House Program requires registration but not tryouts.
Please read the details of the programs carefully. If you can commit to the time commitment and cost of the program and believe you can compete at that level, we welcome you to tryout.
Players should attend all age appropriate tryouts for the best chance of making a team. If you can’t make a tryout, please let us know as early as possible. The final session is mandatory (unless excused by a coach) so that final teams may be formed.
As in previous seasons, CMASS Edge will hold a ‘Skills Rating Session’ before tryouts start. Players will need to attend this session, as call-back lists will be posted for players invited to tryouts. Players called back for the last tryout will need to bring a $150 team deposit (in the form of a check) which is non-refundable and applied to the total season cost if a player is selected to a team, or returned if a player is not chosen for the team. New this year: Edge Players will need to accept their CMASS Membership invite prior to the end of tryouts.
What do I need to do to tryout?
- A USAV membership through SportEngine
- Register for CMASS Edge or Evolve.
- Bring $60 cash or check to the first rating session or tryout which is non-refundable and will cover the cost for all tryouts
- Checks made payable to Central Mass Juniors Volleyball Club.
- Call-back lists will be posted online after the rating session or first tryout
- For Edge, players called back to the last tryout will need to bring a $150 team deposit in the form of a check. If selected to a team, this is non-refundable and applied to the season cost, or returned if a player is not chosen for the team
- If chosen for an Edge team, CMASS Membership Invites will be sent out during tryouts to those athletes who have been invited to join the program and will need to be accepted prior to the end of tryouts. (Commits athlete to CMASS for the 2021-2022 season through USAV.)
- For Evolve, CMASS Membership Invites will be sent out during and shortly after tryouts to those athletes who have been invited to join the program and will need to be accepted by Date TBD. (Commits athlete to CMASS for the 2021-2022 season through USAV.)
Please note: For Edge, we are requiring athletes to make a commitment prior to the end of our last tryout. We strongly advise doing your research prior to tryouts so you are prepared to give a decision as we will be unable to hold team spots.
What am I paying for?
Fees paid to CMASS cover the following items:
- Gym fees
- Tournament costs
- Nominal coaches fee
- Uniforms, shorts and warmups
- Volleyballs, net systems, medical kits, etc.
- Coaches tournament travel where applicable